question

Mike avatar image
Mike asked ·

Tier Level Increases to account for MultiProduct Creation Tool

I’d like to suggest MBA do a wide spread Tier Level increase to account for our new ability to add 12 products in the same time it used to take to submit just one.

MBA did something similar when they opened the UK and DE marketplaces. Personally, my tier level tripled from 6K to 18k - at the same time my daily submission rate shot up to 1000/day - at one submission per minute that level would’ve taken over 16 hours per day to hit- it was practically impossible. Now, with the multiproduct tool, I can hit the 1000/day limit in just over 90 minutes.

I’m thinking a bump of at least 5x the current limit is about right. Even if they took my account to 100K, I could, theoretically, fill the slots in less than three months. I’m not sure why they would allow 1000+ uploads per day if they didn’t want you to upload a huge number of listings. Leaving the tier limits at the same levels of early Merch doesn’t lend itself to that ability.

merch by amazon
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-15c53eb0-3056-4159-b24c-f43cb8350883 avatar image
newuser-15c53eb0-3056-4159-b24c-f43cb8350883 answered ·

I am really stunned by your productivity! I am curious how do you get your designs. Do you have bank of thousands of ready to go designs, do you buy them? I would assume that if you create them yourself it would take some time and you would have to account for that in your calculations. That is really amazing accomplishment.

2 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

MIke is talking about just the uploading but yes, some designs can be built and scaled outward pretty quickly. "I'm the best NURSE in town" "I'm the best PLUMBER in town" etc. Do 100 variations of that, upload in 10 products each, boom! 1000 uploads without breaking a sweat.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike avatar image Mike ScottFromWyoming ·

Yes...what he said. I’ve always done scaled designs. They don’t sell nearly as well, compared to individual designs, but It has been my strategy from the beginning and it works for me. I’m a quantity over quality guy, although my scaled designs are really kind of nice.

My entire goal is to slowly tier up and have thousands of designs that sell once or twice every other month. Very few of my designs ever get below a BSR of 250k so I don’t even think about copycat issues.

They also tend to be REALLY vanilla - which is how I avoid intellectual property issues.

My account is not very exciting- but it works and it is growing, VERRRRY slowly, but growing nonetheless.

1 Like 1 ·
newuser-15c53eb0-3056-4159-b24c-f43cb8350883 avatar image
newuser-15c53eb0-3056-4159-b24c-f43cb8350883 answered ·

OK, even in that context it is still amazing.

Elizabeth@Amazon avatar image
Elizabeth@Amazon answered ·

Thank you very much for your feedback and for your suggestions here! While I can't make any promises, I would like to reassure you that I will take all of your suggestions here back to our internal team for their consideration and review as they work to improve the multi-product creation beta and the overall content creator experience.

Tere avatar image
Tere answered ·

So, since I am new and stuck on 10 if I go back and delete and replace my designs with MultiProduct tool each upload with multiple products counts as 1 upload? And this will help increase sales?

4 comments

EACH shirt that is uploaded is counted as one. However, I like my customers to have more of a choice of colored shirts. So even if I have only one shirt, I upload it in the multiple products section. Then they have 10 choices instead of 5! If you are at tier 10 you are stuck there until you sell 10 items. And then you have to wait until Amazon tiers you up to the next level. As you are in the bottom tiers I would do just t-shirts per design. That way you can build up those designs and add on different products later when you are in the higher tiers.

1 Like 1 ·

@EJ Thank you this helps. I couldn't find out how many products I needed to sell to move up. But this makes sense. Will work on selling these then wait for MRA. Hopefully they won't take too long. Hopefully I can sell quickly. Oh, do PopSockets count with the total # items sold?

0 Likes 0 ·

Perhaps you should read the FAQs

General Questions

Why is there a limit on the number of designs I can submit?
In order to provide the best experience for customers of products created in Merch by Amazon, we are limiting the number of products a content creator can make based on tiers of designs. The Merch by Amazon team will be hand-selecting content creators who have sold the same amount of products as the number of the tier they are in. For example – to move up from the 10 tier, a content creator will need to sell at least 10 products from those they have created to move up to the 25 tier. Admission to these tiers are based not only on sales, but the quality of the products being sold by the content creator as well.

Tier levels include:

• Pro (by invitation)
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Tere avatar image
Tere answered ·

I have read all the FAQs. i don't post a question until after I exhausted my searching. Since there is a lot to remember in the FAQs for a newbie if I can't locate the answer then I come to this forum. I don't have another option and I only email specifics related to my designs. When I have some time I will be able to see why it's hard to locate specifics in FAQs. But I am very impressed at the organization and thoroughness of everything with Merch.