question

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer asked

Customer Reviews

Hi! I got this: "VERY disappointed in this item. Small and cheap material. Would not recommend" And i found to much reviews like this. People complain for material. So, what to do?
merch by amazon
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Tony@Amazon avatar image
Tony@Amazon answered
Hello, Thank you for posting in the forums. We allow anyone registered as an Amazon.com customer to write customer reviews. If someone feels moved to write a review of an item, and they are a registered Amazon.com customer, they are welcome to write a review. Please note that customers are free to comment on the product as a whole. In addition to the design you submitted, this can include shirt material, print quality, as well as their overall fulfillment experience. Although, we do not currently support replying directly to the review via the Merch by Amazon portal, please feel free to leave a comment on the review. When commenting on the review, please feel free to recommend the customer contacts Amazon's general Customer Service team at https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html to rectify the situation.
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I'm sorry, but that policy is unfair to individual developers who get hit with these kinds of complaints it's wrongheaded and stupid. This is a print-in-demand service. Amazon assumes responsibility for the actual fabrication of these items. Bit individual complaints reflect badly on each individual developer, even though the alleged defects are not our fault and apply to a part of the process over which we have no control.

This is especially hurtful to small sellers with small sample sizes of reviews, because each negative sticks out like a sore thumb.

We put our trust in Amazon to handle manufacture and fulfillment in a way that reflects well on us. Essentially, your explanation of policy amounts to the old Animal House defenseL "You ####ed up. You trusted us." It is completely unworthy of a company of Amazon's stature and you ought to be ashamed of it.

0 Likes 0 ·