question

newuser-ba1ec962-cfa4-4d38-a809-0b08b8e6c47c avatar image

How to ignore/ stop the occurrence of captcha/verification code while doing automation in alexa developer console.

We are from the test automation team and would like to perform selenium automation in the developer console to validate the Alexa responses. The problem is we face captcha or verification code every time we login into the website. Is there any way to neglect or remove this so that the testing can be seamless?

URL used: https://developer.amazon.com

alexa skills kitalexa voice serviceapialexa simulatorautomation
1 comment
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The option to disable CAPTCHA is badly needed for automation engineers. There should be a way to disable it as an admin or at the very least provide the ability to generate a URI that can be distributed that will bypass the login process.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Rokas avatar image
Rokas answered

I am not sure why would you do skill testing through browser when there are better ways to do it calling skill directly instead of using browser.

Here would be my suggestions:

If you want to do automated testing I suggest you to take a look at SMAPI. There is a way to simulate alexa skill: docs.

Also smapi now has its own official SDK for node: link.

If you need something more concrete there is this company called bespoken that are doing and have some helpful tools to help with skill testing. I use their lib 'virtual-alexa' to test the skills.

10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.