question

Sayyed avatar image
Sayyed asked

Amazon Fire Stick Connection with monitor

I don't have tv at home. I usually watch netflix and other stuff on my computer. I wanted to ask if I buy firestick and if connect the same with monitor with VGA to HDMI cable will it work or will have face any issues? as I want to keep the computer out of this and just want to use fire stick with monitor.If at all if does work then I was wondering if the VGA to HDMI device have output so that I can plugin the 3.5mm jack of my speaker and get the sound also. by doing this I can totally be independent from my computer if wanted to watch netflix or other stuff.

Thanks in advance.

fire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

geraldhaniel avatar image
geraldhaniel answered

No it will not work... You will have to get a VGA to HDMI converter that supports HDCP 2.2. Most of the content on a firestick are DRM protected... DRM protected contents are playable only if the connection is secure and encrypted... That is where HDCP comes into play... So you need a converter that supports HDCP 2.2 so that it can decode the encrypted content and display it on the screen...

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.