question

amazoncustomer avatar image
amazoncustomer asked

One Brand to Rule Them All?

Hi I have about 40 shirts for sale all under 40 different brands (including one 'unknown' brand where i just forgot to fill that box in...) Going forward, is there any SEO benefit in placing all shirts under one brand? I'm aware of the possibility of cross-selling if people happen to click on your brand name and browse the other shirts you have for sale but all my shirts are so different that I doubt that would happen very often... In any case, one brand (e.g. GenericTeeShop1) or many brands (using keyword relevant brand names) which is better?
merch by amazon
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer answered
My personal take is that unless they are all in the same niche and subject matter, seo isn't going to help.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

true898 avatar image
true898 answered
Use one brand per niche or just one brand name overall. You will get extra traffic from your own products that are already selling. Sales drive more sales. If you have a separate brand name for each product (in the hope of packing relevant keywords for a single product) you will lose the extra traffic from products with the same brand name - and likely be penalized by the search algorithm (and maybe TOS) for abusive practice.
10 |5000