question

Bryan avatar image
Bryan asked ·

FireTV Content Policy Issue?

So, using the https://creator.amazon.com/ ,site to create a FireTV app, took less then a day. I then submitted the app and within 24 hours got back a message saying the submission failed because...

"Your app contains ((Name removed by me the developer)). Please provide documentation demonstrating that you have the right to use ((Name removed by me the developer)) in-app. The documentation must be either a confirmation letter from the intellectual property rights holder or a copy of the applicable license. If you are submitting an attachment, please send the form and relevant app information to 'amazon-developer-program@amazon.com'"

I then sent an email to amazon-developer-program@amazon.com with an attachment with the letter. I waited a week and nothing... no message back saying they got my message and are processing it, or anything. I then decided to hit the resubmit button, and got the same message back within 24 hours... I then sent another email to that address and then a day later a message to "contact us", first message came back with basically the same message as above, which I didn't understand, because in my message I stated that I had already sent the email... I responded back with a link to the letter (since I couldn't attach it via the contact us) and restated everything. But now I am in the same boat... Nothing for 4 days... I hit the resubmit button again last night and got back the same message.

So, I am unsure, where things stand... I have no idea if Amazon is just slow and don't have time/systems to send out updates on the case, or if they are looking at it all and its stuck in a loop. I have the rights to use the trademarked content. I already published a Roku channel, have the website/pwa up and running, the Google Play and Apple Apps are published, but Amazon is the only one I have had any issues with.

Has anybody else gone through this? Any suggestions, or know of any additional ways I can contact them?

fire tvapp submission and updatescontact us
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Bryan avatar image
Bryan answered ·

Just to give an update and kinda an answer to my own question. After another 4 days, I finally got a response from my last message I sent to the general "contact us", saying, thanks for sending them the letter and that they would continue to the final testing of the channel/app. Then 4 hours after that, it was live. I wish I had got better updates throughout the process, but, after about 2 weeks it was live.

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.