question

newuser-49bef1a6-c399-4dae-9def-85935d458b6f avatar image
newuser-49bef1a6-c399-4dae-9def-85935d458b6f asked ·

APL screen size scaling for extra large displays

I am trying to use APL for the fire tv display and it seems to be scaling the screen size. In the display editor the simulator says the screen should be (1920X1080) but i am getting (960X540) when i check the viewport.width/height. How do i get it to be the actual size?

alexa skills kitfire tvapl
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gaetano@Amazon avatar image
Gaetano@Amazon answered ·

Hi,

we are following your issue in a contact us case.

However, to get those information you could use the following instruction of the Alexa Skills Kit SDK:

let devicePixelWidth = (handlerInput.requestEnvelope.context.Viewport.pixelWidth);
 let devicePixelHeight = (handlerInput.requestEnvelope.context.Viewport.pixelHeight);

Thanks,
Gaetano

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Oliver_WO avatar image
Oliver_WO answered ·

Hello,

I am also using APL with a Fire TV Stick on a TV and get the following width and height values from the Alexa Request.

let width = context.Viewport.pixelWidth //1920
let height = context.Viewport.pixelHeight //1080

When I try to display an Image with size of 1920x1080 on the TV, only the top left part of the image is displayed on the physical TV.

It seems, that everything else ist just cut off...

Using the simulator everything is display correctly.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue or know what's wrong?

Kind regards!

1 comment

Hello,

It would be great to check the APL layout so that I can try to reproduce the issue.

Can you also share a picture?

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·