question

Darren/TurboIgnite avatar image
Darren/TurboIgnite asked

Does Amazon withhold 100% royalties and tax for UK based developers leaving us penniless?

Hi I have sent you a message using your contact form regarding this issue.
The question speaks for itself.

monetizationroyaltiestaxroyalty
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

SAM@Amazon avatar image
SAM@Amazon answered

Hi, thank you for the post!

Amazon Appstore Tax Withholding rate can be differ depends on developers tax information. The default tax withholding rate is 30%, and you should receive 70% of the List Price for the applicable Amazon Marketplace as of the time of purchase after taking your tax withholding.

For more information about Tax Identity Interview for International Developers, please refer to the below site:https://developer.amazon.com/docs/reports-promo/setup-tax.html#tax-identity-interview-for-international-developers

Thank you!

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Darren/TurboIgnite avatar image
Darren/TurboIgnite answered

Oh that's even better news. So I get 70% or 0%?. I can confirm that I have received nothing, 0%, zilch. My app has been selling since January 2017 50-100 units each month. Nothing makes sense.

1 comment
10 |5000

Hi, if you have received nothing or 0%, your app would be a free app. If your app is NOT a free app during the period you were expecting to receive royalties, please file a Contact US, so we can investigate further. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·