question

atlars avatar image
atlars asked

Help me to setup the Alexa skill sample "nodejs-audio-player" for multiple streams

I need to get the official Alexa skill sample "nodejs-audio-player multiple-streams" to work as a custom skill and Alexa Hosted . https://github.com/alexa/skill-sample-nodejs-audio-player

A step by step guide to set this up would be really appreciated.

audioaudioplayernode_jsnodejsjavascript
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered

Hi @atlars and thanks for your message.

You can create a Alexa hosted skill in the developer portal, enable the Audio Player interface under the "Interfaces" section and then copy and paste the interaction model and code.

Regards,
Barry

4 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I did that but it's not working. Can you please send me a screenshot of the folder structure?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello @atlars,

The folder structure should be the same one as shows in the repository, i.e. https://github.com/alexa/skill-sample-nodejs-audio-player/tree/mainline/single-stream

While I did mention in my message that you should copy and paste, it isn't as simple as that. There are some precautions that you must take, specially when updating the code.

In terms of the code, my suggestion would be for you to just replace/add the handlers. Also, make sure to take a look at the logs at Cloudwatch to have a better view of what might be happening. Remember,

console.log()

is your friend.

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·
gabbiano69 avatar image gabbiano69 Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra ♦♦ ·

same problem with alexa host skill, i cop the cde but noy run

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
gabbiano69 avatar image
gabbiano69 answered

this is the log message:

Unable to import module 'index': Error
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:547:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:474:25)
at Module.require (module.js:596:17)
at require (internal/module.js:11:18)

10 |5000