question

newuser-28cc618a-2d29-4ff2-8a92-a82955101750 avatar image
newuser-28cc618a-2d29-4ff2-8a92-a82955101750 asked ·

Not all unknown intents are handled by FallbackIntent handler

Hi, my fallback intent is not called always.

For ex, if I ask "what is the password", fallBackIntent got triggered. However if I say "what is the wifi password" I get no response. Please note the session is still open.

My skill id is amzn1.ask.skill.d6307a61-b705-4e25-b6fd-e18810922868

fallbackintent
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Oliver@Amazon avatar image
Oliver@Amazon answered ·

For FallbackIntent, it's good to remember that it's not a catch-all intent handler. It may catch some completely out-of-domain utterances that Alexa has high confidence that does not map to any of the intents in your skill.

For sample utterances as well, it's good to keep in mind, they are just 'hints' for your intents and not a whitelist of all the words that your skill will be able to catch.

I am assuming for your "what is the wifi password", Alexa is not able to map it to any of your intents, Alexa is not confident that it should trigger Fallback as it has low confidence. However you can extend your FallbackIntent utterances to catch that utterance.

Hope this was helpful and feel free to check out this tech doc!

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/standard-built-in-intents.html#fallback

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.