question

threeo avatar image
threeo asked

How to test in-skill purchasing from outside the US?

I’m located in Germany and am developing a skill for German and English speaking locales.

Is there any way to test in-skill purchasing from outside the US? I know that this feature is only available in the US, but even in development mode every product is marked as NOT_PURCHASABLE.

Even after creating a developer account at amazon.com (instead of amazon.de) and moving the skill there, purchasing a product still fails, both in the developer console and on a physical device (which is connected to the US account). Based on my research, the account must also have a valid postal address in the US. But even after entering a fake US address it didn’t work for me.

So, is there any way to test in-skill purchasing if you're not in the US? There should be :)

alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

kagey avatar image
kagey answered

I also have the same question - My support request has only resulted in them telling me something I already spelled out to them in my request (ie I'm in canada). I've tried changing all my addresses to no avail.

The thread here suggests that changing your addresses would work, but it doesn't. https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/178874/alexa-in-skill-purchase-subscription-has-status-pu.html

Someone from the support team was able to make purchases in my skill from their dev account, so it doesn't have anything to do with the skill or product configuration.

I have a feeling they are just passing the buck in the support team. For example they said that my product release date isn't set (event though this isn't a property that even exists in the dashboards) and is another reason why it's not working... but like I said above, someone with a US dev account successfully completed the purchase.

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hey @kagey, I had tried everything from changing address in

1) My developer account in alexa application

2) Changing it in browser.

3) Changing device's location. Nothing helped but the following.

Change your account country/region settings (notice that this might impact how you experience services and products from Amazon). Here is how to do it:
a. access the "Your Account" page in Amazon;
b. on the "Digital content and devices" box, click on "Content and devices";
c. on the new page that loads, click on "Preferences" and then on "Country/ Region Settings";
d. select the new country for your account from the list that appears;
0 Likes 0 ·