question

Jesus Mazzei avatar image
Jesus Mazzei asked

Refund process of an alexa skill product.

Greetings,

I am currently developing an Alexa skill and just started implementing ISP. This skill will use consumable products and, reading about ISP, I found out that consumables and one time purchases can be refunded; Also that the skill has to support a refund request from the user. If i am not mistaken the skill has to redirect the user to Amazon Support so that they can fill in their refund request.

I have the following questions about this:

-What qualifies as a valid refund request?

-Will the skill developers get notified about the refund request and will they be granted the opportunity to present their case defending why the purchase was made?. For example, if the user says they didn't know they were buying it but the skill clearly specified what they were doing and asked them to confirm that they want to buy it, and they did, will the developers get a chance to present that case and prevent the refund?.

Thank you for your support

isp
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jason@Amazon avatar image
Jason@Amazon answered

For a refund, all you need to do is send a Connections.SendRequest directive to send a Cancel request. Once you do this, Alexa will send a request to the user's Alexa app, and the user will follow instructions through the Alexa app to request a refund. Developers generally cannot prevent the refund. For more information, check out the following link:

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/in-skill-purchase/add-isps-to-a-skill.html#cancel-requests

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

GuillaumePelouas avatar image
GuillaumePelouas answered

Hello , I also worry about that. The refund documentation is missing lot of details while it seems it is a mandatory intent.

Can I filter the refund requests ? For instance, I have a skill proposing paying small sub-games (products) that can be finished within 1h (if going fast). Can I refuse the refund if I detect that the user already played the game during 15 or 30 min (by answering him that he has gone over this limit, and not sending the cancel request ? Is it something allowed ? Else how can I (or Amazon) prevent a user to ask a refund for all games after playing them completely ?

1 comment
10 |5000

It isn't possible to refuse refunds, as you must allow customers the option to refund at any point - I'd suggest posting this as a feature request in Uservoice for Alexa over here if this is something you'd like to see implemented.

0 Likes 0 ·