question

SFoux01 avatar image
SFoux01 asked

Alexa skill appearing in developer account but not on the Alexa mobile app using the same account.

I'm using the same account on the developer portal for the mobile app.

I've made sure there are no other users under my account login.

I've tried deleting my account and recreating it and getting the developer account invite link from my manager again.

I've tried experimenting with every setting in my account but nothing has worked.

It shouldn't be this difficult. Does anyone know what may cause? Or do you have an idea of what I should say to their customer support team if I call them?

Thank you.

alexa skills kitdeveloper portaldeveloper account
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Taira@Amazon avatar image
Taira@Amazon answered

Hi there,

There are several possible causes here.

1. Please make sure you enabled the skill in the developer console.

1. Go to Developer console> test tab
2. Click "development" and make sure the "Skill testing is enabled"

2.The other possibility is set to different languages model as your mobile app.

If the language in your Alexa companion app doesn't match the language tab in your developer account for the skill in question, you will not able to use the skill on your Echo device.

For more details, please refer to the document here:
https://forums.developer.amazon.com/articles/48670/i-can-see-my-skill-in-my-alexa-app-but-doesnt-work.html

If it is still something you're unable to see, can you please raise a Contact Us case so that we can investigate more deeply? This is a public forum so for privacy reasons we can't post any account-specific information.

Thanks!

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.