question

newuser-f635566c-600d-4a47-a157-8ffd427086be avatar image
newuser-f635566c-600d-4a47-a157-8ffd427086be asked ·

Make louder handler

So a customer wants that the user can answer Questions with one word, i.e. mood "How do you feel?" - "fine". So I made a list of words the skill can handle as a slot "slotty" then I add in the samples of the handler like: "I feel {slotty]", "{slotty]".

So on runtime when I'm in the middle of the dialog and I want to make louder or quieter so I say "Alexa, louder". Then unfortunately alexa starts the mood-handler and of course it doesn't find a mood "louder" to react. When I use canHandle-function and block louder then alexa cannot find a handler to handle the request: "Error handled: Unable to find a suitable request handler."

The question is: Can I tell Alexa to handle the request, like streaming music which doesn't stop when I want it louder?

alexa skills kitjavascript
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jason@Amazon avatar image
Jason@Amazon answered ·

That's a little difficult as there's a conflict there between the in-built Alexa functionality and what you're trying to do within your skill. This functionality isn't accessible within your skill unless you're working with some sort of audio-playing skill and should be performed outside of entering a session with your skill.

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.