question

minime avatar image
minime asked ·

Image placement on Template vs. Product listing

Greetings... I noticed that the placement of my image on the shirt as it appears on template differs from that in the listing. The image appears higher in the template and lower in the listing. In the listing, I see a larger gap below the neckline. Also, the image is noticeably lower relative to the sleeves and armpit. My image is 15" W x 18" H (300 ppi) or 4500 x 5400 pixels. I found another thread where there was a difference in placement among several purchased shirts. If you purchased a shirt, would you reply whether the actual printed shirt matches more closely to the template or the listing? I believe we all (designers, customers and Amazon) would prefer to minimize returns and unhappy customers if we can help it. Thanks in advance.
merch by amazon
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

justin avatar image
justin answered ·
Hi minime, Thanks for reaching out! Since these are post-process adjustments to images, we cannot guarantee exact placement based on either source, but believe both match up very closely. We recommend you keep your shirt privately listed and evaluate a sample order while you determine your desired placement. Thanks, Justin

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

minime avatar image
minime answered ·
Hi Justin, Thanks for your reply. I will definitely order a sample. It will be a good way to see the colors, details, etc. Also, would you elaborate on what types of post-process adjustments might be made? Cheers!

justin avatar image
justin answered ·
Hi minime, Sorry, by post-process, I was referring to how we are overlaying your design onto the picture of the shirt in order to give you the preview image that you are seeing.

minime avatar image
minime answered ·
Thanks again, Justin. As you suggested, I ordered a sample shirt and will report back with my findings. Cheers!

Anthony avatar image
Anthony answered ·
Did you ever get a sample to check the placement?

Martin E Wiechel Jr avatar image
Martin E Wiechel Jr answered ·

So is it not possible for us to adjust the image placement at all? I ordered one of my shirts to see how the design would look and to me, it seems like it should be 2in or so higher. Almost like the design is covering half my stomach