question

BoarTeats avatar image
BoarTeats asked

Again: Amazon -- watermark images! PLEASE!

My designs are getting stolen using exact copies of Amazon images and exact copy of product name, description. Other sites watermark and it's been very effective in reducing this problem. C'mon. Don't force me to stop listing on Amazon Merch!

Does anyone at Amazon even read these forum posts?

copyrightdesign
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Elizabeth@Amazon avatar image
Elizabeth@Amazon answered

Thank you very much for sharing your request here. While I can't promise any immediate changes, I'd like you to know that your feedback goes a long way to helping us identify the ways we can improve the experience for both our content creators and our customers. I will be sure to pass this feature request on to the relevant internal team for their consideration and review.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

If the plagiarist is on Amazon or other sites (Social Media, Printing Companies, Manufacturers, YouTube their Admin might notify the thieves to remove the designs.

www internet access is the blame. Watermarks might work if the design is complicated and would take too much time to reproduce. But if the design is simple the thieves will just recreate the design. A problem with a watermark, the shopper might be discouraged to purchase the merchandise if they can't see the full image view. I don't think other seller images on Amazon are watermarked.

*** I keep this question on various posts and eMail. Guess I will keep asking until we see an answer. If nothing else, can we please add to the Description area:
(c) Name 2019. Design may not be reproduced without permission.

It will at least deter plagiarist some if they think there will be a lawsuit against them for using the design.

All unique designs are owned by the designer forever or until there is a release contract document between the designer and the buyer of the design. If nothing has changed recently all (c) are automatic and only need to be filed for legal purposes. But keep "proof of date created" for disputes.

I have been on various design sites / crowdsourcing sites and the Admin always followed up on plagiarism and notify the thieves to remove the copied design. So why not the same here?

0 Likes 0 ·
Elliott Wade avatar image
Elliott Wade answered

Was gung ho to go with Amazon Merch until I started reading about the lack of image protection on listings. C'mon Amazon, some transparency and action some time this century, please!