question

aglenn avatar image
aglenn asked ·

How do you autoplay hls stream with audio?

I am trying to create a Fire TV set top application that loads to a full screen HLS stream and gives the user the ability to turn on or off captions. That is all it is trying to do. However, I can't seem to figure out how to autoplay the video with sound. The sound will be muted. I'm aware that browsers do this by policy to stop annoying advertisements, etc. but how do I get around this if it is the only purpose of this application. I know this is possible because existing channels out there play streams with sound on launch. (e.g. HSN Shop By Remote)

This is an HTML packaged app and I am currently using JW Player 7 but am not married to it. With the Web App Tester, I can get a video to load and sound works when the player is interacted with as expected but I need to figure out how to get this to happen on launch without interaction. All attempts to have it autoplay while unmuted have been unsuccessful. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

fire tvweb appsvideoappjavascript
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers