question

newuser-fa965f22-67a9-4a26-afcd-5a1872232115 avatar image
newuser-fa965f22-67a9-4a26-afcd-5a1872232115 asked ·

Can't Re-Test APK

I uploaded the APK and tested it on Galaxy S phone. Then I uploaded an updated APK but the tester cannot install the new APK. Using Amazon Appstore app and I can see the icon and when I press on Install, it looks like it is installing but then it doesn't install.

apps
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi there,

When you submitted an update, did you set any additional requirements or restrictions, for example, removed some countries / regions from the supported countries list in "Availability & Pricing" tab; or removed some devices from the Supported Devices list in the "APK Files" tab; or you increased the minSdkVersion value in your Android manifest, and now that value is higher than the API Level on your tester's phone; etc. Is your tester using the latest version of the Amazon Appstore client? If not sure, please ask them to download the latest from here: https://www.amazon.com/androidapp

Normally those could be the reasons that your users cannot download an update. If the issue persists, please get the device logs from your tester's phone, so we could understand what error is occurring there. Thanks!

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.