question

newuser-bf1afbe2-746c-49cb-bd6e-9297ad1a9deb avatar image

Alexa Document User's Words

For a research project, we would need to document what the user asked and if we managed to successfully respond to it or not - this way, we could look at what our demographic is asking Alexa and if we successfully answered what they wanted or not. If we didn't, then we could maybe add some new utterances or add new intents that possibly support their requests.

The project in question is a health application targeted at older adults in order to keep them living independently longer. It works by reporting data from sensors installed in homes that are processed into meaningful and easy to understand messages. This demographic isn't always the greatest at technology, so learning how much they know how to use a skill and then adding support for what they ask the skill is important.

I'm aware that AMAZON.SearchQuery exists, but it looks like this slot disallows using other slots while it's in use (admittedly I haven't tried it myself yet). Is there another way for a developer to view the raws of what their users have asked of a skill, and can it be done while the skill is unpublished?

alexa skills kitalexa voice servicealexa
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered

Hello and thank you for your message.

It is not possible to have access to user's raw utterances.

Regards,
Barry

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.