question

Alexander Martin avatar image
Alexander Martin asked

ISP Subscriptions

My subscription is configured with frequency YEARLY and no trial period.

"subscriptionInformation": {
  "subscriptionPaymentFrequency": "YEARLY",
  "subscriptionTrialPeriodDays": 0
},

After a purchase the ISP service gives me the following JSON response:

{
  "productId": "amzn1.adg.product.xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx",
  "referenceName": "xxxxxx",
  "type": "SUBSCRIPTION",
  "name": "xxxxx",
  "summary": "xxxxxxxxx",
  "entitled": "ENTITLED",
  "entitlementReason": "PURCHASED",
  "purchasable": "NOT_PURCHASABLE",
  "activeEntitlementCount": 1,
  "purchaseMode": "TEST"
}

everything is fine. After a cancellation the service gives me the following:

{
  "productId": "amzn1.adg.product.xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx",
  "referenceName": "xxxxxx",
  "type": "SUBSCRIPTION",
  "name": "xxxxx",
  "summary": "xxxxxxxxx",
  "entitled": "NOT_ENTITLED",
  "entitlementReason": "NOT_PURCHASED",
  "purchasable": "PURCHASABLE",
  "activeEntitlementCount": 0,
  "purchaseMode": "TEST"
}

According to my understanding, the purchase is valid for one year so the "entitled" attribute should give me at least "ENTITLED"?

Alexa confirmes my cancellation and says something like "you can use your subscription until the end of the term".

What exactly is the end of the term? (date of purchase/current year + 1 year) ? or is the end of the term the date of cancellation?

Please note, I haven't used reset-isp-entitlement (ask cli) after the cancellation.

Is this a expected behaviour in test mode? Is this the same behaviour as in live mode? If the test system differs from the live system, how can I cleanly test my implementation?

Any help is welcome.

Regards,

Alex

alexa skills kitisp
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jason@Amazon avatar image
Jason@Amazon answered

This is currently a limitation in the development stage - in a live skill, customers will be marked as Entitled until the end of the subscription period and not be renewed for the next period.

7 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Is this mentioned somewhere in documentation? I was trying to figure out the same thing, until I decided to ask question in the forums and found this answer, so it seems that information like this is not readily available.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have "ISP limitations in development" section somewhere, like there is one for the console?

Also another quick question. What is the best way to ask for alexa documentation improvements such as this, or if I find some other issues? Should I post them in forum, or is there a more direct approach?

0 Likes 0 ·

That's a fair point - you can provide direct feedback on the documentation by clicking on the Feedback button in the bottom right panel of each tech doc, allowing you to let our team know which page could do with some updates or extra information.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rokas avatar image Rokas Jason@Amazon ♦ ·

Where is it? I can't find it. Can you point me where is it on this page: here?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments