question

Mouldy avatar image
Mouldy asked

First skill using Stanford Calendar wont test

I have managed to deploy my first skill using the Stanford calendar template from GitHub. I can see it in bothe the AWS Lambda console and the developer console and the skill and Lambda links look to be plumbed in at both ends ok. But when I go to the test page and type "Stanford Calendar" or "open stanford calendar " or any command in fact, it ust gives me a spinning response bubble. I've tried manually adding the Alexa Skill kit link to the Lambda fuinstion too. What am I missing?

skilltestingcalendar
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mouldy avatar image
Mouldy answered

Found the issue after some mre searches. It was the Avast virus checker. When I disabled the web shield the tester worked. So added the url to the exceptions and all is good

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mouldy avatar image
Mouldy answered

I just added another skill following this video https://youtu.be/ei_q4saWwcE (basic skill fact example) and have the same issue. It hangs on the bubble that should show my typed or spoken text. Also my echo dot does not find either of my test skills. For the moment I'm completely stumped as there are no clues to whats wrong with it

10 |5000

Mouldy avatar image
Mouldy answered

Ok I have now logged into a Windows laptop and the tests work. So whats missing on my Mac that prevents the test tool from working in either Safari or Chrome? I have only installed git and ASK CLI

10 |5000