question

greglak avatar image
greglak asked

Intent Chaining Feature Passing one Slot value to another Intent holding two Slots

In reference to the newly released Intent Chaining, I was wondering if there is a way of passing the slot value of 1st Intent to the 2nd Intent, therefore elicit one of its slots, and then relay on the delegated dialog setup on the 2nd Intent to prompt the user for the second slot and other slots?

I've posted an issue on git already here

My skill id is amzn1.ask.skill.4c8c7731-bec7-4361-b4d9-c17a2aaa672a

I've already read the AWS blog entry, AWS documentation and I watched broadcast on Twitch.

Thanks,

//greglak

alexa skills kitinteraction modeldialog modeldialog directive
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jason@Amazon avatar image
Jason@Amazon answered

You can set new slot values on the new intent object when intent chaining by passing over slot values in the new intent. Check out the documentation here for more details.

2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Jason@amazon, I have gone through these already many times, that's why I posted the issue on github as on the link above, but I have not seen a setup fully working anywhere as I highlighted on the issue, the application breaks when prompting for the non-passed slot even if I manually set the delegation. Is there a specific Node SDK I must run this on?

0 Likes 0 ·

It looks like you were also working on this particular issue over here, but feel free to create a new thread if you're still facing problems with this.

0 Likes 0 ·