question

newuser-42f49745-9bf7-4f64-8d63-dd1a3d248fd3 avatar image

Smart Home API CustomIntent/Change PowerController phrase

I have a question. I’m trying to create a “Smart Window Blinds” for three different windows I have. I have everything created including a regular Alexa skill and it took a while to get my Particle Photon, but I got a Smart Home skill working too.

I have three window blinds and the devices are called "Left Blinds", "Middle Blinds", "Right Blinds".

The smart home skill is working with a PowerControl. My question is the user needs to say “Turn On Middle Blinds” and I would like it to work with the phrase “Open Middle Blinds” or "Close Middle Blinds". Is there a way to have the PowerControl interface listen for phrases other than TurnOn/TurnOff? The only others I've seen that have Open/Close is for a Motion Sensor, but I cannot get that to work, plus the phrasing might not work either. I could work with "Raise and Lower", do you think a Brightness or VolumeControl could work. Keep in mind I'm very new at this and still very confused with the Smart Home API. I’ve seen there is a CustomIntent Interface too, but honestly I do not know how to get that to work…do I need to merge my smart home skill and regular Alexa skill to use that intent…?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated!

alexa skills kitalexa voice servicealexa smart homeapismart home
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers