question

DevCoder avatar image
DevCoder asked

Alexa-Hosted skills undo commands

So I've been playing around with Alexa-Hosted skills using the inline code editor. I'd got pretty far with the functionality for a skill, though not the content in it. I then made a change in one of my supporting files and went back to my index.js. It was there that I wanted to undo a change and hit ctrl-z then ctrl-s to undo and save instantly. To my horror though when I hit ctrl-z it replaced my index.js code with the code from my supporting file, overwriting it all as I'd hit save so quick. I've now lost all my work.

It's my own fault for not backing it up elsewhere, but this wasn't really the behaviour I was expecting from ctrl-z and I've also noticed I can't access the deployment S3 bucket in order to retrieve an older version of my code.

If anyone knows how I can get it that would be great, but I'd also like to ask that the behaviour around undo etc. is looked at as I doubt i'll be the last to fall into this trap. On that note perhaps add the ability to download all the code src as a zip

hosted skill
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered

Hello @DevCoder and thanks for your post.

I am sorry you had this traumatic experience while using Alexa Hosted Skills. This is a known bug and is being internally tracked. It will be deployed as soon as possible.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion.

Regards,
Barry

10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.