question

CharlesF avatar image
CharlesF asked

Is the ISP messaging supposed to work like this for consumables?

The first time I purchase a consumable I get this messaging:

• "purchase prompt description Prime members save $0.19. Without Prime, your price is $0.99 plus tax. Would you like to buy it?"

Follow by this when I say yes:

• "Great! You now have display name."

Subsequent purchases feature this flow:

• "display name is $0.99 plus tax. Would you like to buy it?"

Followed by:

• "Great! You now have display name."

This is making for some awkward syntax and capitalization choices (e.g. "Great! You now have Unlocking the next level" or "unlocked the next level is $0.99 plus tax.") as my consumable is unlocking the next level of the game.

I have thought about decrementing the user's activeEntitlementCount from my code when they consume the item so I can force the first dialogue flow but that seems a bit extreme. As it stands, that dialogue flow seems pretty clunky to me. Am I missing something here?

isp
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jason@Amazon avatar image
Jason@Amazon answered

This is correct behaviour - you should name your various items accordingly based on where they are used. Check out the sample code here for a table that outlines what each message does.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.