question

newuser-23b97371-7916-4183-a75a-c898bac7af4f avatar image
newuser-23b97371-7916-4183-a75a-c898bac7af4f asked ·

Flash Briefing not Updated

Hello,

I've changed my rss link to https://zapier.com/engine/rss/4657198/proverbialdaily/ but the flash briefing is still reading the old rss link. How can this be fixed?

flash briefing
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

apeksha avatar image
apeksha answered ·

Hello there,

In the current cache implementation of Flash Briefing Skill, the feed update won't be picked up by ingestion system unless the developer updated the "update Date" in the feed. The update of "update Date" is a trigger for Alexa to ingest new content. It's recommended that the "update Date" is matching the content update time.

Please Update your content with a feed file
Due to the caching nature of Flash Briefing, it's important that your content be uploaded and available at the audio content URL before updating your feed file. To minimize the chance of new content not being picked up, please follow the following steps when updating your content:
1. Upload your audio content to your server and ensure the download is complete and the endpoint is reachable
2. Update the updateDate/pubDate in your feed file to reflect the current date and time.
3. Save your feed file.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-23b97371-7916-4183-a75a-c898bac7af4f avatar image
newuser-23b97371-7916-4183-a75a-c898bac7af4f answered ·

I'm sorry I'm not understanding this answer.

This rss feed is of a blog. The blog content is automatically updated daily at 12:00 am.

The rss feed reflects the correct information. The flash briefing has the correct rss feed, however, it reads old information from a previous rss link.

It's not reading what the current rss feed has.

1 comment

Hello there,

Could you please provide us the skill Id of the skill and the rss feed url for debugging.

0 Likes 0 ·