question

Jeremy avatar image
Jeremy asked

SecurityPanelController Arm Instant Not Supported

I am currently working on adding SecurityPanelController interface support to my smart home skill. I was able to implement everything per the API documentation. During my testing, everything worked well except while trying to get an arm request with isArmInstant=true.

Unfortunately, the documentation doesn't give the utterance example to trigger that feature. I tried "Alexa, arm device name immediately" and I get a response that the device doesn't support that. I can confirm that supportsArmInstant=true is part of the security panel device discovery configuration object.

What is the expected behavior of that feature and what is the utterance to trigger it?

smart homedocumentationutterances
12 comments
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I've seen the same behavior.
In addition to saving 'arm <device name> immediately', I tried:

• arm <device name> now
  • arm immediately <device name>
  • immediately arm <device name>
0 Likes 0 ·

Hello @ChrisB and thank you for your message.

According to the documentation here, these are the supported utterances:

• Alexa, arm <device name> in away mode.
  • Alexa, arm <device name>.
  • Alexa, disarm <device name>.
  • Alexa, is <device name>armed?

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeremy avatar image Jeremy Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra ♦♦ ·

Hi @barry@amazon,

The question is specific to the arm instant functionality. As I mentioned in my initial question, I am fully aware of the documentation you listed which lacks information on how to trigger that feature.

It would be much appreciated if the documentation could be updated accordingly.

Thanks,

-jesapps

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Hello @jesapps and @ChrisB,

I just received confirmation that there are indeed no utterances capable of triggering this behaviour.

One suggestion that I can make is for you to add this as a feature request in our Uservoice space for Alexa over here.

In the meantime I will start an internal process in order to update the documentation.

I am sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeremy avatar image Jeremy Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra ♦♦ ·

Hi @barry@amazon,

Thanks for the update. Can you please reply to this thread when the documentation is updated? I am curious to see if the configuration settings related to that specific feature will be removed.

-jesapps

0 Likes 0 ·

No problem, @jesapps, I will let you know.

Regards,
Barry

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers