question

Carolyn Jean avatar image
Carolyn Jean asked

Using External Hard Drive to sync with Amazon Drive Folder

Has anyone figured this out yet? I screwed myself over when I had purchased a new 8tb external hard drive a week ago and thought I could move my Amazon Drive folder over to that. Of course, Amazon has yet to allow the sync folder to be on an external hard drive. I had previously been able to (not remembering how I successfully did it) on an older 1TB Seagate external hard drive, but the things I have found on other forums aren't exactly working either. The current Amazon Drive software doesn't have an Application Support Folder I could locate and edit the sync path like described on this blog: https://dahdee.blogspot.com/2017/04/using-external-drive-with-amazon-drive.html?showComment=1551556673619

Someone please help!! I don't have the proper amount of storage to put my Amazon Drive Folder on my Macbook directly, and being able to sync things is super crucial!

amazon drivesync
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-85342814-c1dd-47f0-ad47-dbeacbae26a4 avatar image
newuser-85342814-c1dd-47f0-ad47-dbeacbae26a4 answered

I found the file referenced in that blog post here : C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Amazon Cloud Drive

It seemed to work at first but then all of my files were just stuck in a 'Waiting' state even though the top level sync status said 'Complete'...

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I wonder if anyone has had any luck as of recently....I really wish Amazon didn't screw around with this, especially when people like myself pay extra for the video cloud storage and have very little space on my Macbook's hard drive.

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-0be650e9-74a6-4c34-8cb0-ca886405a124 avatar image
newuser-0be650e9-74a6-4c34-8cb0-ca886405a124 answered

I have the same problem with my 256GB USB Stick. Please provide a solution. Many Thanks

Mike@Amazon avatar image
Mike@Amazon answered

Hi Carolyn,

This forum is for Amazon Developers.

Please use the Amazon Digital and Device forum for questions like this.

You can also contact Amazon Customer Service.

Thanks,

Mike