question

newuser-c85d2d06-cd11-4519-8857-37f124550d1a avatar image
newuser-c85d2d06-cd11-4519-8857-37f124550d1a asked ·

The highlowgame tutorial is not working ( alexa/skill-sample-nodejs-highlowgame)

I have followed the alexa/skill-sample-nodejs-highlowgame, as i need to learn how to read and write into dynamoDB, however when i test the skill in the developer portal, the JSON response just returns null. I made sure i followed the tutorial down to the T! What i'm i doing wrong? I also added the dynamoDB permission to the lambda function's role.

I have tried multiple ways of getting a basic template skill to interact with dynamoDB that i can build from. Please provide help

alexa skills kitlambdaawsdynamodbpermissions
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered ·

Hello and thank you for your message.

Have you checked the logs from your code? What error message is being returned to your skill? If you are using Lambda, you can access those on CloudWatch.

Regards,
Barry

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-c26b3734-c1c5-4a15-a590-fa0bffe7d57b avatar image
newuser-c26b3734-c1c5-4a15-a590-fa0bffe7d57b answered ·

Hi,

Have the same problem. I get the error

com.amazonaws.internal.config.InternalConfig.endpointDiscoveryEnabled()Z: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.amazonaws.internal.config.InternalConfig.endpointDiscoveryEnabled()Z

at com.amazonaws.services.dynamodbv2.AmazonDynamoDBClientBuilder.endpointDiscoveryEnabled(AmazonDynamoDBClientBuilder.java:90)

at com.amazonaws.services.dynamodbv2.AmazonDynamoDBClientBuilder.build(AmazonDynamoDBClientBuilder.java:106)

at com.amazonaws.services.dynamodbv2.AmazonDynamoDBClientBuilder.build(AmazonDynamoDBClientBuilder.java:30)

at com.amazonaws.client.builder.AwsSyncClientBuilder.build(AwsSyncClientBuilder.java:38)

at com.amazon.ask.attributes.persistence.impl.DynamoDbPersistenceAdapter.<init>(DynamoDbPersistenceAdapter.java:62)

at com.amazon.ask.attributes.persistence.impl.DynamoDbPersistenceAdapter.<init>(DynamoDbPersistenceAdapter.java:46)

at com.amazon.ask.attributes.persistence.impl.DynamoDbPersistenceAdapter$Builder.build(DynamoDbPersistenceAdapter.java:232)

at com.amazon.ask.module.StandardSdkModule$Builder.build(StandardSdkModule.java:116)

at com.amazon.ask.builder.StandardSkillBuilder.getConfigBuilder(StandardSkillBuilder.java:64)

at com.amazon.ask.builder.StandardSkillBuilder.build(StandardSkillBuilder.java:69)

1 comment

Hello @NewUser-c26b3734-c1c5-4a15-a590-fa0bffe7d57b and thanks for your message.

The sample you refer to has not been updated in at least 17 months. In this time, the Java SDK has gone through a few changes.

My suggestion for you is to take a look at more recent sample codes, such as the ones listed on this page.

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·