question

newuser-f81c257b-a09a-4807-9230-00ea615afafa avatar image

Alexa Developer Console analytics continues to display the same Error Message over a number of days? Is a fix on the way?

The Analytics tab found in the Alexa Developer Console has been displaying the same error messages since Monday evening. Can you please confirm if this issue has been fixed? What can I do to access the analytics for me Flash Briefing?

alexa skills kitflash briefing
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Lowri@Amazon avatar image
Lowri@Amazon answered

Hi,

Thanks for writing on the forum! I looked into this and was able to reproduce the error message on the analytics tab for flash briefing skills in development mode. I've escalated this bug to our analytics team and I'll update you when we have more information for you.

Thanks for your patience while we chase this up for you!

3 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi,

I looked into this and found that the error message is related to a known issue with data related to Flash Briefing skills. Recently, we made a code change that inadvertently resulted in missing metrics between February 14th and February 19th 2019. This banner is appearing because you are trying to view metrics within the outage period. There is no reliable mechanism to backfill or remediate this gap, as any attempts to recreate this data would be very difficult, error-prone and unreliable. Thank you for your understanding on this matter!

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Lowri,

Does this mean that it happened again and that there's now some data around 3/4/19 that is unavailable in addition to the window from 2/14-2/19?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lowri@Amazon avatar image Lowri@Amazon ♦ newuser-601fc5d7-f74a-488a-a759-50ce930029c8 ·

Hi,

You're right - there's been a new data missing issue (after 28th February). We're working on fixing the problem and will remove the banner when all issues are gone. Thanks for your patience on this!

0 Likes 0 ·