question

newuser-4e7fa8a0-e665-41ff-ad3b-152698643b7a avatar image

Doorbell event responds 202 with no sound

I'm testing on an Amazon echo. I return a doorbell endpoint to Alexa system during discovery, but no doorbell shows up in the device list. I send a doorbell press event to the Alexa gateway and get a 202 response back, but no sound plays.

What do I need to do in order to get my echo to play a sound when a door bell press event occurs?

alexa skills kitalexa smart home
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anand@Amazon avatar image
Anand@Amazon answered

Hi there,

As this issue is specific to your account please raise your issue here and also provide skill id , complete discovery response and test login credentials.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Ford avatar image
David Ford answered

I messed with this for hours with the same problem. As a troubleshooting, try making a routine from the Alexa app for Alexa to say something when doorbell pressed. If that works either you are using an unsupported region or you haven't enabled door press for the device in the Alexa app. Also verify that you are using the client_id and client_secret from the permissions tab of your skill and that Send Alexa Events is enabled .

10 |5000