question

Jude avatar image
Jude asked

Proactive Event API implementation in Custom skills

Hi,

I have created a custom skill using ASK CLI. In that, I have implemented reminders API to solve the purpose of notification.

When a reminder is due it plays a tone and say, "Here's your reminder ….". Now I have a requirement that, instead of playing the reminder, it has to be glow light on devices to indicate that they have new notifications and user has to invoke the skill to read their notifications when they want to hear them.

I found Proactive Event API fits my requirement, but the pre-defined set of schemas doesn't match with my skills events.

Q1. How to implement this Proactive Event API in custom skill

Q2. Is there a way to define our own schema and use in our custom skill

Need your inputs to move further.

Thanks,

Jude

alexa skills kitalexa voice service
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anand@Amazon avatar image
Anand@Amazon answered

Hi @Jude

For your first question "How to implement this Proactive Event API in custom skill?" I have created a knowledge base article which you can refer for building notification skill.

For your second question "Is there a way to define our own schema and use in our custom skill?"

Currently you can use only pre-defined schemas but we will be adding more schemas to it. Keep an eye to our Alexa Blog and Forum announcement.

Right now there is no way to define own custom schema.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jude avatar image
Jude answered

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your prompt response. I will look into the mentioned article for implementation.

Thanks,

Jude

10 |5000