question

Giancarlo avatar image
Giancarlo asked ·

Input in simulator not recognized

I'm testing a Skill in the Simulator, but after a couple of interactions, the input is simply not recognized. In fact, the simulator is responding with the "reprompt" text. It's like Alexa is not receiving any input and it just responds with the "reprompt" value, I write again an input and it's not recognized, so the Skill closes.

Notes:

- This happens after a couple of interactions, it starts good but then it just doesn't get the input.

- My utterances have an increasing number of slots. First one, then two, etc. The idea of the Skill is that as the conversation progresses it will get the utterances with more slots.

- This is working fine in the English version but now it's failing in the Spanish version of the Skill.

Any clues around this?

Thanks everyone,

Giancarlo

testingslotsalexa simulatorutterances
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered ·

Hi @Giancarlo and thank you for the message.

Can you please provide your skill ID and steps to reproduce the issue?

Regards,
Barry

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Giancarlo avatar image
Giancarlo answered ·

Hi @barry@amazon Thanks a lot for your reply.

The Skill ID is:

amzn1.ask.skill.44d06669-3584-41cd-89d5-543632fee28f

The issue arises when I do the following in the test (Please, note this happens on Spanish(MX)):

(Showing only user's input)

- Inicia la mochila.
- dos
- Carlos
- Maria
- en la mochila llevo una nevera
- en la mochila llevo una nevera y una sombrilla
- (Alexa's turn adding an item)
- en la mochila llevo una nevera, una sombrilla, <Alexa's item> y una computadora
- en la mochila llevo una nevera, una sombrilla, <Alexa's item>, una computadora y un telefono.

<Alexa responds with the reprompt message> Alexa should respond with its turn but the lambda function is not even being called (I've checked the logs). All I get in the simulator is the reprompt. Same thing happens in the actual device.

Thanks again Barry, hope to have news from you soon,

Giancarlo

6 comments

Thanks for the reply @Giancarlo.

I noticed that your skill is also available in other ES locales. Can you please confirm if this issue happening only for MX?

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·
Giancarlo avatar image Giancarlo Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra ♦♦ ·

Hey @barry@amazon yeah, I've just checked and the very same is happening with Spanish (ES).

Thanks for your reply!

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Giancarlo I was able to reproduce the issue and also found issues when testing the en-US model. Here was my interaction:

User: lets play
Alexa: Please, tell me how many players
U: two
A: Ok. What's the name of player number 1.
U: jack
A: What's player 2 name?
U: daniels
A: Yeah! let's do it. jack's turn.
U: in my backpack i have a car
A: hurray , jack. Great choice! Daniels, you're next.
U: in my backpack i have a car and a guitar
A: Way to go , you're the King Daniels. It's your turn Alexa. Wait. That's me! In my back pack I have ,a car, a guitar, and, a foot, bravo , Nice played, Alexa. jack, your turn to shine
U: in my backpack i have a car a guitar a foot and an apple
A: hurray , jack. Great choice! Daniels, your turn to shine
U: in my backpack i have a car a guitar a foot an apple and a banana
A: Excellent, you're the King Daniels. It's my turn. I'm the best. In my back pack I have ,a car, a guitar, a foot, a apple, a banana, and, a teddy, Hmmm. I know, I know, that was a weird choice. You go now, jack
U: in my backpack i have a car a guitar a foot an apple a banana a teddy and a pineapple
A: You go now, jack
U: in my backpack i have a car a guitar a foot an apple a banana a teddy a pineapple and a tomato

After the last interaction, there was no more replies from Alexa.

It appears to be an issue in your code, since it is affecting several language models.

I'd suggest you to take a look at the handler that is handling the replies from the user.

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments