question

giplusplus avatar image
giplusplus asked

Device control from Alexa App

Hi all,

I'm developing a Smart Home Skill for my own home devices.

Devices are correctly discovered in the Alexa App, I can control them by voice but not from the Alexa App.

For example, for a device implementing the ThermostatController, in the app I can only see the current powerstate and the current ambient temperature but I can't change any setting.

I also have a Netatmo thermostat registered using the Netatmo cloud services which I can control from the Alexa App.

Are there any special requirements in order to control devices from the app? Does the skill have to be published on the store?

Please, can you help me? Thank you in advance!

Attached you can find the response to the Alexa.Discovery and to the StateReport directive.

smart homeappdevice discovery
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Gaetano@Amazon avatar image
Gaetano@Amazon answered

Hello,

thanks for posting. Can you please provide more info about the smart devices you are developing a skill for?

Have you checked that Alexa is actually sending a directive to your skill when trying to change the temperature from the app?

Can you please post the JSON generated for both interactions? (Voice / App).

Thanks,
Gaetano

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.