question

newuser-109f4789-4f1e-4959-8049-2a9cea2a4d5d avatar image

Beta testing Invitation mail for alexa skill - Not Recevied

Hi,

I have a smart home skill. I want to enable beta testing to some users. I have enabled beta testing for some users but unfortunately most of the users are not recevied any mail. But the alexa portal shows invite sent in the status. Kindly let me know the fix if anyone has solution for this.

Thanks,

alexa skills kitalexa smart hometesting
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Can you confirm if your users have enabled "Alexa" and "Amazon Echo" options in their Amazon Email Preferences options? Their accounts may be blocking the invites.

0 Likes 0 ·
JamesRhodes avatar image
JamesRhodes answered

I am having the same issue. I sent ~ 50 invites on Friday and only 3 were received.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

arin avatar image
arin answered

From "Beta Test" under "Availability" tab, click on "Copy invite URL".

Then send the Invite URL to your testers by yourself.

They can login to Alexa Web App (in browser) : https://alexa.amazon.com/

After login, visit the Invite URL and follow the instructions (as far as I recall, it's 2 simple steps: test & enable).

On Microsoft Edge, if you get a blank page after login, revisit https://alexa.amazon.com/

BTW, make sure you are adding the email addresses that your testers used for their Alexa devices registration.

10 |5000

JamesRhodes avatar image
JamesRhodes answered

Yeah, the invite URL I am well aware but it is a workaround. Deliverability of 3 out of 50 emails? There seems to be an issue on Amazon's side. The assumption is sending invites using the developer tools should work reliably, if that's not the case, let us know.

1 comment
10 |5000

Did you see my response above?

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-b90dd3e1-8764-4f18-84fd-756ff992a5a0 avatar image
newuser-b90dd3e1-8764-4f18-84fd-756ff992a5a0 answered

I sent an alexa skill beta test invite to a email address that ends with .net and the invite was not received by the recipient. but when I send the invite to gmail it works fine. I was able to use the copy url work around. but I would like to know the root case of this issue.

1 comment
10 |5000

Hello and thank you for your message.

Have you seem Jamie's answer? Does the .net e-mail has enabled the "Alexa" and "Amazon Echo" options in its Amazon E-mail Preferences?

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·