question

Dan CT avatar image
Dan CT asked ·

Show background image when APL video plays an audio stream

When I use this sample with an audio stream link. It works but the background is only black.

https://github.com/alexa-labs/skill-sample-nodejs-firetv-vlogs

I'd like to know if it's possible to set a background image for the skill when APL video plays an audio stream.

Thanks in advance.

audioaplvideo skill api
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hondo avatar image
Hondo answered ·

Dan - Check out the video below which is pretty comprehensive. The first hour is a lot of background on APL but the coding section will answer your questions because Cami walks through it in great detail.

Advanced Display Building with the Alexa Presentation Language https://www.twitch.tv/videos/335838259?t=

Regarding the FireTV skill, we have created and published skills, but never from GIt Hub. Do you set up the interation model in the Alexa Developer Console first? Additional details would be greatly appreciated.

3 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I figured out my Fire TV problem. Zipped the wrong folders. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Another question: When the APL video is playing, I say "volume up" or "open xxx" (open another skill) but it doesn't work. Do you have a situation similar to this sample?

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you very much, your video is very useful for me :)

In Alexa Developer Console, I upload en-US.json file to JSON Editor and enable Alexa Presentation Language in Interfaces. That's all.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hondo avatar image
Hondo answered ·

Hi Dan - I am having some difficulty deploying the firetv-vlogs skill through ask-cli. Looks like I need to rearrange some of the modules in GitHub. Can you share how you deployed it? Is there an easier method to deploy from GitHub I am missing? Thanks!

1 comment

Hi Hondo, I manually uploaded zip file on lambda website :)

0 Likes 0 ·