question

Elizabeth@Amazon avatar image
Elizabeth@Amazon asked ·

Announcement: 1/2/2019: Upcoming Change to Merch by Amazon Royalties

Today we would like to make our content creators aware of an upcoming change to royalties for Merch by Amazon products. Beginning January 30, 2019, we are decreasing the royalty paid on US t-shirts in order to account for increases in our manufacturing costs. If your t-shirts are priced below the new minimum price, they will be automatically increased to the minimum. To offer more competitive pricing, we are decreasing costs for hoodies, sweatshirts, and long sleeve tees and introducing lower default list prices. List prices for existing hoodies, sweatshirts, and long sleeve tees will be lowered on a rolling basis so their current royalty is unchanged. To learn more please visit our FAQ and Royalties pages.

merch by amazonannouncementroyalties
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ScottFromWyoming avatar image
ScottFromWyoming answered ·

Is any difference between this and the dashboard announcement of Dec. 27, 2018?

3 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you Scott for the question - There is no difference, this is meant to announce the same change.

0 Likes 0 ·

impressive, a reply in the wild!

1 Like 1 ·
Dementees avatar image
Dementees answered ·

I have to confess I don't fully understand what changes are coming, but anytime there's an announcement that starts with "upcoming change to royalties" I can venture a guess that I'll soon be making a little less money.

1 comment

If you go to the Royalties page linked in the announcement, you will find that you're making 15¢ less on a standard shirt... but that the cost of hoodies, sweatshirts etc is going down dramatically. You can let your hoodie prices drop (maintaining the same royalty) or adjust them up or down as you see fit. Since I currently make a good margin on hoodies (around $11), I'm going to let the price drop and hope they sell more often (currently around 4% of total sales).

1 Like 1 ·
Mike avatar image
Mike answered ·

What’s the royalty on no sales? What is going on right now? I know January is slow, but this is ridiculous. Flip the switch to “on”

newuser-cd3c903a-7ddd-48b2-9aee-16ffe3e87e1b avatar image
newuser-cd3c903a-7ddd-48b2-9aee-16ffe3e87e1b answered ·

Just a thought for the Amazon development team - Most sellers set their prices based on the market, not on the royalty. My long sleeves were priced between $22.99 to 24.99. Now they're showing up as $20.91 to 22.91. The prices are being changed randomly, so we have to go through all our listings 2 or 3 times a day to find and fix the list prices. Even listings that were put up yesterday are being changed!! This makes no sense and makes everything more difficult and time-consuming for the amazon team as well as the designers. Next time, please consider just changing the ROYALTY on the back end, not the LIST PRICE. Thank you.