question

Laura Nolting avatar image
Laura Nolting asked

How to add slots to the Nest Intents skill set

I have the Nest Thermostat connected as a device.

The skill set is very Lame. The only useful skill is to set the temperature to a specific value right NOW.

Not anytime in the future, like 30 minutes before I wake up tomorrow morning at 5:00 am, (Oops, I mean Five A.M.)

After reading through the tutorials, I belive that I only now, need to add a Slot to the existing Nest Intents that already exists to add to the skill set to enable time functionality ???

If so...

1) How do I open and edit the existing Intents code?

2) Is there a web site that people post various code for popular devices like the Nest?

Thanks from AlexA

alexa skills kit
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jason@Amazon avatar image
Jason@Amazon answered

You would have to ask the Nest team for these features - they are the ones who control the code, so unless you have access to an API where you can control these devices, unfortunately there's not much you can do on your end. I recommend reaching out to their support team regarding this.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Laura Nolting answered

How do I contact the nest team

10 |5000

Laura Nolting answered

Jason,

I know that you have the right answer but contacting Nest about this is an impossibility. Do you know how to contact them?

1 comment
10 |5000

Laura,

Here's the google contact page for Nest https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp?hl=en

In reality, only google can introduce the capability you're looking for into the Nest skill.

I can't see that process being a quick one, indeed they'll probably never implement it.

What you can do is setup an Alexa routine to set the Nest to a specific temp at whatever time you want. However, if you're doing that then you might as well just amend the Nest schedule to suit.

0 Likes 0 ·