question

Dmitry avatar image
Dmitry asked

In-app purchases on Amazon App Store don't work for many years. How to fix?

In-app purchases on Amazon App Store don't work for many years, including your own sample projects. Possibly, it started since SDK 27.

On SDK 28 Android Studio for the code:

<receiver android:name="com.amazon.device.iap.ResponseReceiver">
        <intent-filter>
            <action
                android:name="com.amazon.inapp.purchasing.NOTIFY"
                android:permission="com.amazon.inapp.purchasing.Permission.NOTIFY" />
        </intent-filter>
    </receiver>

shows the following warnings:

• Protecting an unsupported element with a permission is a no-op and potentially dangerous.
  • Exported receiver does not require permission

And PurchasingListener never receives any responses from Amazon App Store. (But that doesn't prevent Amazon from charging non-refundable money from the account.)

Please fix this problem in the official documentation and sample projects as soon as possible. And how can I make my application work with in-app purchases?

Some logs to prevent false answers:

D/MainActivity: onCreate: registering PurchasingListener
D/Kiwi: In App Purchasing SDK - Production Mode: d: PurchasingListener registered: ...SamplePurchasingListener@f04508d
D/Kiwi: In App Purchasing SDK - Production Mode: d: PurchasingListener Context: ...MyApp@99beb99
sdk
4 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Dmitry,

I've notified the In App Purchasing development team of the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dmitry avatar image Dmitry Ross@Amazon ♦♦ ·

Thanks. When can I expect any response from them?

0 Likes 0 ·

@Dmitry just look at this thread and you know how long you can wait: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/115917/iap-in-xamarin-problem-with-amazoniapv2bridge-libr.html - I would say, they never gonna fix anything.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers