question

jpr105 avatar image
jpr105 asked

Controling (locally) my Echo Plus devices connected to its ZigBee Hub with HTTP requests

Hello,

I already have a home automation system based on Zwave protocol (FIBARO HC2) and I just bought the « Echo Plus + Ampoule Philips Hue incluse (B07H334QWK) » kit because I read that it enclosed a ZigBee hub.

With this purchase I want to open my home automation system to Zigbee connected objects in addition to Zwave connected objects.

The question that arises is: is there a SIMPLE way to control these Zigbee devices through my Echo Plus? I am thinking of course APIs ... but locally (192.168.xxx.xxx) of course because it should work even if the internet connection is down.

Example with FIBARO to light a lamp controlled by a Zwave module: « http://192.168.10.xx/api/callAction?DeviceID=296&name=turnOn » where 192.168.10.xx is my Fibaro box local address.

I hope that exists or that will exist very quickly. It's true that now, all connected systems have their own APIs. I'm thinking of Logitech Harmony, Netatmo, Fibaro, GreenIQ ... etc.

Regards - Jean-Paul

how-to
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jason@Amazon avatar image
Jason@Amazon answered

The discussions in this forum mostly relate to developing for Alexa, such as for Alexa skills. A better place for your ideas is the Echo and Alexa Device Forum where it can get routed to the right team.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jpr105 avatar image
jpr105 answered

Thanks, I'll transfer

10 |5000