question

newuser-5551b98a-e67f-4123-9b6b-c58efd79240a avatar image
newuser-5551b98a-e67f-4123-9b6b-c58efd79240a asked ·

Does having display/list templates with specific font affect certification ?

Hello ,
I am publishing a skill developed in V1 which supports devices with/without screens .
I had one question before publishing it to the store.
I am using Listtemplates and bodytemplate(Body template1 only) .

const builder = new Alexa.templateBuilders.BodyTemplate1Builder();

const listItemBuilder = new Alexa.templateBuilders.ListItemBuilder();
const listTemplateBuilder = new Alexa.templateBuilders.ListTemplate1Builder();

I developed the skill having the echo show in mind as that is the only device i had and used specific font values like <font size = x></font> where x = 1,2,4,6 etc for diff intents. The text that is rendered is just additional help for users to navigate . The skill will perform exactly the same without text but just for additional help. My question is will it affect the cert process as i had specific values for the font for the text that is rendered on the background image . I am not really concerned about how it renders on other devices like echo dot etc as this is just additional help . I do not want to change any code as i want this out asap . Will this affect the skill certification . Any help is appreciated , thanks!

alexa skills kitalexaalexa smart homenode_jsalexa for business
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jamie@Amazon avatar image
Jamie@Amazon answered ·

Your skill will need to work on all alexa devices with screens (show, fire tv, spot) correctly, so I would double check that using the simulators in the developer console. For devices without a screen, yes; your skill will need to work for those too, so you just need to check if a screen is available or not and change how your skill responds based on that.

2 comments
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Jamie@Amazon When i try to launch the skill using large hub and extra large TV it says the following "Update to Alexa Presentation Language (APL) to view the skill display in Test or view existing version on an Alexa-enabled device" . Other than that it works fine and works well with devices without a screen. This is not gonna be a prob right during cert ?

1 Like 1 ·
Jamie@Amazon avatar image Jamie@Amazon ♦♦ newuser-5551b98a-e67f-4123-9b6b-c58efd79240a ·

Hey there, did you figure this one out in the end? Where were you seeing that message about APL? On the TV? Did you manage to grab a photo? I haven't seen that before.

0 Likes 0 ·