question

iqtecture avatar image
iqtecture asked

Our app was rejected by determination that "it can be used to facilitate the piracy or illegal download of content"

Our app update was recently rejected by determination that "it can be used to facilitate the piracy or illegal download of content".

Our app has been in the Amazon app store for over two years now without issue. Plus, it is available in Google Play store and many other app stores without issue. Our app lets you download Periscope content, which is public content. It is definitely legal, and this is even outlined in Twitter's own Terms of Service agreement. Not only that, but the Amazon app store is full of video downloaders and screen recorders that provide similar functionality. I don't understand why our app is specifically being targeted.

I have an open case with Amazon (#5590905521), but so far have only received canned responses. I would appreciate it if someone could put me in touch with the legal department at Amazon or whoever makes these determinations, because clearly one of us is mistaken in our interpretation of the phrase "piracy or illegal download of content". This is a serious accusation, and based on what I have received from Amazon so far, completely without basis.

Thank you for you help.

app submission and updatesapps
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This is the response I finally got on my case:

"Thank you for contacting us. We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of all apps and to accept or reject any app at our discretion. Due to the high volume of submissions, we cannot address specific areas of concern with our content guidelines. Please do not resubmit these apps or similar apps in the future."

Is this your idea of developer relations Amazon? I don't know why we ever bothered to make our app available in your app store to begin with. Or why any developer ever would for that matter.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers