question

newuser-2ddaa07f-aebe-49e2-a86c-d2a8a89ff31a avatar image
newuser-2ddaa07f-aebe-49e2-a86c-d2a8a89ff31a asked ·

CanFulfillIntent and private skills

We are developing an in-house line of business alexa application.

It is published through the private skills repository with Alexa for Business.

Does the can fulfill intent request happen on private skills?

Thanks!

Brian

alexa skills kitalexa for businessskillscanfulfillintentrequestPrivate
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered ·

Hello and thank you for posting.

I have forwarded your question to our internal teams and will let you know once I get a reply.

Regards,
Barry

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered ·

Hello and thank you for your patience while I clarified this issue.

CanFulfillIntent request is currently not available for private skills. We are not able to comment on future plans, but I’d suggest keeping an eye on our developer blog for any updates regarding this.

Regards,
Barry

JoeFlux avatar image
JoeFlux answered ·

@barry - What was the response from your internal team ? This is a very useful feature if it works for private skills settings and works well. Instead of the user asking Alexa to ask another (two word skill) to get the job done it would most efficient if Alexa just forwards the request to a predetermined skill.

1 comment

Hello @JoeFlux and thank you for your post.

Currently CanFulfillIntent is still not available for private skills. While I am not able to provide any comment on future plans, I suggest you keep an eye on our developer blog for updates regarding this feature and others.

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·