question

newuser-0f0f9af6-9a94-496a-a21a-07d828d6c6fe avatar image

Call skill without invocation name in Italian language

Hi team,

I am currently using and developing skills on Alexa in Italian language.

At the moment there are some skills in italian (like "giallozafferano") that can be called without using the invocation name. Anyway, as far as I understood, the only way to get the skill called without the invocation name is use the CanFulfillIntentRequest, according the article here: https://developer.amazon.com/it/docs/custom-skills/implement-canfulfillintentrequest-for-name-free-interaction.html.

But the CanFulfillIntentRequest interface is not present on the developer console for skills in Italian language, so I am wondering about how I can modify my skill in order to make it be called by users without the invocation name, like the others already present.

Can you please help on this?

invocation namecanfulfillintentrequest
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jason@Amazon avatar image
Jason@Amazon answered

Unfortunately as you have found, CanFulfillIntentRequest is still in beta and that is generally the only option for skill name free invocation. Keep an eye out on the developer blog for details on updates regarding this feature.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-0f0f9af6-9a94-496a-a21a-07d828d6c6fe avatar image
newuser-0f0f9af6-9a94-496a-a21a-07d828d6c6fe answered

Hi Jason, thanks for the answer. I will keep an eye on that, thanks for the hint. Anyway, just for curiosity, I am still wondering: how did the above skills managed to be called without the skill name in Italian language, if the CanFulfillIntentRequest is in beta?

1 comment

CanFulfillIntentRequest is in beta but there are also other name-free interaction models within the machine learning of Alexa. These are done by Alexa automatically so there isn't much to do on the developer side, other than create engaging skills for our customers!

1 Like 1 ·