question

xtiger avatar image
xtiger asked ·

Do I have to use the notification interface for control data from Lambda?

Another clear question that I really want to know.

If our gadget device is recognized as a echo button, I guess we can use Game Engine interface and Gadget Controller Interface. right?

Is there any chance for our gadget to be a echo button?

If it is all not allowed, how to get any Control data from Lambda(Skill)?

There are four supporting Interfaces for Gadget.

- Discovery only for pairing.

- SpeechData, not available.

- StateListener, for certain purpose timer, reminder etc.

Then, the only thing is left. Notification interface.

Do I have to use the notification interface only?

Echo Buttons Skill APIgadgets toolkit
1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Additional question.

I am personally using the same chip vendor's Development Kit in South Korea.

After all this, I am asking.

Can I have Alexa Gadgets Development Kit? like the below link.

Do you also have some sample code with it?

https://developer.amazon.com/alexa/alexa-gadgets/dev-kit

I have submitted the form. But not really have certain answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
roy-1 avatar image
roy-1 answered ·

Hi xtiger,

Thanks for posting. Regarding building your own echo button, it would not be possible at this time, as those specific events are not currently exposed.

As for notifications, if you're trying to receive a notification on the device side, please take a look at the quote maker skill, which you can enable from the Alexa Skill Store. In order for your product to receive notifications, you'll need to declare this capability as part of the Discovery response.

If you're interested in building an Alexa skill which can use notifications, this feature is currently in developer preview. The Notifications Team is hard at work on this feature, but is no longer taking on new developers. Please keep an eye on the Alexa Developer Blog for more information about notifications:
https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/

Regarding your last question about only being able to use the notification interface, currently, the only behaviors that you can create are those that response to things that Alexa already does.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

2 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank for your information. But I really don't understand how to use notification interface for Alexa-enable device like Echo dot. Can you help me about coding?

0 Likes 0 ·
roy-1 avatar image roy-1 ♦ newuser-825f3f5e-3b87-4703-999f-32461aa52a0e ·

Hi there,

Please take a look at the sample code from our Alexa Gadgets GitHub Repository:

https://github.com/alexa/alexa-gadgets-sample-code

0 Likes 0 ·
xtiger avatar image
xtiger answered ·

Hi Roy

Thanks for the reply. We already used a SKILL, NotifyMe like the below ways.

But the notifications to Gadget are all same.

SetIndicator Directive “Alexa, open Notify Me “ when I said “ or ClearIndicator Directive when I said “Alexa, what are my notifications?”

Is there any way to get a variable data that I want to put? AssetId or url is a bit possible. But all empty now.

Last possibility for gadget to receive a variable data is the speechdata interface. Am I right?

When can I use this interface?

1.jpg (28.5 KiB)
2.jpg (23.7 KiB)

roy-1 avatar image
roy-1 answered ·

The dev kit is currently in private beta, and not available to new participants at the moment. Regarding the Alexa.Gadget.SpeechData Interface, an earlier issue has been resolved, and this feature is now available. As for customizing the data a gadget may receive, that is not possible at the moment.