question

newuser-64740eb4-8219-43e0-a5ce-46dbb0837d13 avatar image

Account needed or not

I've not made a voice skill before. So apologies if my question seems really simple/daft.
I make speakers for a living and I want to make a skill that would allow me and users to work in the following use case:

One or more echo's in different rooms in a home.

One or more wireless speakers also across the home in each room. The speakers are of the same brand X as each other but have not got Alexa built-into the hardware.

My proposed skill would allow the user to speak to their echo in a given room and say Alexa, [command] X playlist from X streaming service in the X room on my x brand speakers.

Naturally, the user would also have our (yet to be build) mobile app to control our brand x speakers directly.

Which route is most suitable for this use case? - Music Skill or Custom Skill.

Is there a way to have the above user scenario without the need for the user creating an account within our control app? Does the music skill allow us to do the above at all with or without a user account?

alexa skills kitvoice-user interfaceaccount linkingaudiomusic skills
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Anand@Amazon avatar image
Anand@Amazon answered

Hey there,

You can connect your wireless speakers to echo device and using Alexa skill you can stream audio content direcrtly to your wireless speaker but there is no way to play stream on specific speaker by just providing it's name. Yes you can use Music skill or custom skill to create your audio stream skill.

Q : Does the music skill allow us to do the above at all with or without a user account?

Ans : Yes, you can create music skill with or without account. It's not mandatory field.

10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.