question

Mark Carpenter avatar image
Mark Carpenter asked ·

Music Skill Catalog Entity Not Found

Issue with a Music Skill, as follows.

The Music Skill invocation name is 'great radio'. The skill passes all validation tests.

The 'Catalog' of stations has been uploaded and associated with the skill, and the ER_INGESTION is SUCCEEDED. One of the 240 entities is named 'Smooth Jazz'.

This voice command - 'Alexa, play smooth jazz on great radio' - results in 'I could not find that on great radio'. The skill's lambda function is not invoked by this voice command. Any command to play a specific station/entity fails in the same way.

This voice command - 'Alexa, play music on great radio' - invokes the the skill's lambda function as expected, and a stream can be played.

What have I overlooked? I have deleted everything and started over, but get the same results. I have read the troubleshooting guide and documentation three times, to insure I've not missed something. I am ready for help and guidance!

music skillsmusic skill api
1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The Invocation Name is actually 'calm radio'. I forgot to change that in my post.

Invocation history URL for 'Alexa, play smooth jazz on calm radio' - https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#settings/dialogs/A1GROQ6O5MQSD2#1543497696534#AWZZ5CVHX2CD#G000RA06839504Q9

Invocation history URL for 'Alexa, play music on calm radio' - https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#settings/dialogs/A1GROQ6O5MQSD2#1543498431630#AWZZ5CVHX2CD#G000RA06839504Q9

0 Likes 0 ·
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered ·

Hello @Mark Carpenter and thank you for posting.

Can you please send me your skill ID so I can look further into this?

Regards,
Barry

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Oliver@Amazon avatar image
Oliver@Amazon answered ·

Hey @Mark Carpenter, "Smooth Jazz" is interpreted by NLU as a genre. The skill you have doesn't have a genre catalog but only a station catalog. So you can do one of two things

1. Upload a genre catalog with 'smooth jazz' and any other stations named as genres.
  2. You could also say 'play the smooth jazz station on ...' to have smooth jazz interpreted as a station name.

Hope this helps!

vlb avatar image
vlb answered ·

I am experiencing the same issue. I have uploaded a catalog of about 100 channels (stations), and only 2-3 of them appear to be recognized and trigger a request to my lambda. Most of my requests end up resulting with "I could not find [station name] on [skill name]" or some random suggestion to try another skill. I have uploaded several catalogs, deleted my skill and tried everything over with no luck. I have also ensured to use an utterance like "Alexa, play [station name] STATION from [skill name]" to clearly indicate this is a station.

4 comments

would you be able to share some sample utterance that you are saying and skill ID?

0 Likes 0 ·

Skill ID: amzn1.ask.skill.95110b7a-f583-4168-9c5f-2d654c79a8d3

Utterances:

Works: "Alexa, play progressive station from digitally imported"

Does not work: "Alexa, play techno station from digitally imported"

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Likes 0 ·

hey @vlb, thanks for providing the information, we are working on investigating what's up for your skill! I will get back to this thread as soon as I hear back from our team and thanks for your patience during this time!

0 Likes 0 ·