question

newuser-76a26934-cf16-4b00-ae16-b2e480e12c67 avatar image

Can not get the request when show camera in smart home skill

I try to enable the smarthome skill, but I get some problem

Step 1: Alexa, discover devices -----OK(Can get log and response)

Step 2: Alexa, show living room camera----- NOT OK

Always CAN NOT GET LOG and Request, and the response is : Sorry, cameras don't work on this device. WHY any request can not show in log? Do I use the wrong command to show camera ?

smart homeecho showalexa command line interfacecamera
log.png (381.5 KiB)
fail-console.png (448.4 KiB)
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered

Hello and thank you for your message.

The Test tab on the developer portal does not support testing of video or audio skills.

Regards,
Barry

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-454789db-b9d4-4017-a1f7-1de4d59b374b avatar image
newuser-454789db-b9d4-4017-a1f7-1de4d59b374b answered

@barry@amazon, i test in the android's alexa app and get same problem. could you give me some suggstion.

3 comments
10 |5000

It is also not possible to use smart home camera skills from within the Alexa app. If you do not have an Echo device with screen to test, you can use the VLC app to check if the stream URL works and also make sure that the requisites for Alexa.CameraStreamController Interface or Alexa.RTCSessionController Interface are fulfilled.

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello,i get same problem.Have you solved this problem now.could you give me some suggstion

0 Likes 0 ·
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra ♦♦ newuser-98cc05ee-2412-4775-9230-370730df8ed9 ·

As mentioned in my previous messages, it is not possible to use smart home camera skills from within the Alexa app or the developer console. If you do not have an Echo device with screen to test, you can use the VLC app to check if the stream URL works and also make sure that the requisites for Alexa.CameraStreamController Interface or Alexa.RTCSessionController Interface are fulfilled.

Regards,
Barry

0 Likes 0 ·