question

newuser-5551b98a-e67f-4123-9b6b-c58efd79240a avatar image

Ask followed by the utterance is not triggering the intent.

Hello ,

Until recently , when i said Alexa , ask <invocation name> <utterance for an intent> . That intent automatically got triggered . but when i tried the same thing today it was not able to recognize what i had told. If this is the case what is the fix for it (if any) or how should i change the sample utterances in the display page for the Skill . Because all my intents can either my triggered by alexa , open Skill then the utterance of the intent or the `ask` way which was working until recently . How should i go about this ? What should my sample utterances be changed to now (in the distribution page) as none of the intents are being triggered in a single line? Should i leave the sample utterances in the distribution page to (Open InvocationName, Launch InvocationName, Start InvocationName) . This will ensure that it passes certification but bad UX as a user will not know what to say! Any help is appreciated , thanks!

alexa skills kitalexanode_jsalexa for businessalexa skills challenge
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gaetano@Amazon avatar image
Gaetano@Amazon answered

Hi,

if nothing has changed within your interaction model, then you should be able to trigger every Intent the same way you did the first time.

Can you please share your skill-id for further investigation?

Thanks,
Gaetano.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @Gaetano@Amazon .
All my intents work fine , if i do two commands - Open <Invocation> then Utterance --> It works. But if i want to trigger an intent in a single command , Like Ask <invocation> to <utterance for an itent> the intent is not being triggered
This used to work but most of the time it does not pick up at all and says sorry i dont know that . Any help is appreciated , thanks!

This is my Skill ID :

amzn1.ask.skill.69df5039-ff46-4afe-a9f8-5cf5197e0b07

0 Likes 0 ·
Gaetano@Amazon avatar image
Gaetano@Amazon answered

Hi there,

with your interaction model and a dummy skill I was able to trigger the intents using "ask <invocation> to play {songName}" .

Since your skill is using account linking, I would suggest you opening a Contact Us case providing a testing account. Please refer to this thread.

Kind Regards,
Gaetano

1 comment

hi @Gaetano@Amazon , Thanks for responding . I ll open a contact us case soon . I tried the same . It was not working . I tried Ask <invocation> to play {songName} . No response .

0 Likes 0 ·