question

newuser-5551b98a-e67f-4123-9b6b-c58efd79240a avatar image
newuser-5551b98a-e67f-4123-9b6b-c58efd79240a asked ·

Ask followed by the utterance is not triggering the intent.

Hello ,

Until recently , when i said Alexa , ask <invocation name> <utterance for an intent> . That intent automatically got triggered . but when i tried the same thing today it was not able to recognize what i had told. If this is the case what is the fix for it (if any) or how should i change the sample utterances in the display page for the Skill . Because all my intents can either my triggered by alexa , open Skill then the utterance of the intent or the `ask` way which was working until recently . How should i go about this ? What should my sample utterances be changed to now (in the distribution page) as none of the intents are being triggered in a single line? Should i leave the sample utterances in the distribution page to (Open InvocationName, Launch InvocationName, Start InvocationName) . This will ensure that it passes certification but bad UX as a user will not know what to say! Any help is appreciated , thanks!

alexa skills kitalexanode_jsalexa for businessalexa skills challenge
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gaetano@Amazon avatar image
Gaetano@Amazon answered ·

Hi,

if nothing has changed within your interaction model, then you should be able to trigger every Intent the same way you did the first time.

Can you please share your skill-id for further investigation?

Thanks,
Gaetano.

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @Gaetano@Amazon .
All my intents work fine , if i do two commands - Open <Invocation> then Utterance --> It works. But if i want to trigger an intent in a single command , Like Ask <invocation> to <utterance for an itent> the intent is not being triggered
This used to work but most of the time it does not pick up at all and says sorry i dont know that . Any help is appreciated , thanks!

This is my Skill ID :

amzn1.ask.skill.69df5039-ff46-4afe-a9f8-5cf5197e0b07

0 Likes 0 ·
Gaetano@Amazon avatar image
Gaetano@Amazon answered ·

Hi there,

with your interaction model and a dummy skill I was able to trigger the intents using "ask <invocation> to play {songName}" .

Since your skill is using account linking, I would suggest you opening a Contact Us case providing a testing account. Please refer to this thread.

Kind Regards,
Gaetano

1 comment

hi @Gaetano@Amazon , Thanks for responding . I ll open a contact us case soon . I tried the same . It was not working . I tried Ask <invocation> to play {songName} . No response .

0 Likes 0 ·